Environmental education is a process that allows individuals to explore environmental issues, engage in problem solving and take action to improve the environment.
It is pertinent for the individuals to develop a deeper understanding of environmental issues and have the skills to make informed and responsible decisions.
For the same purpose the school has Environmental Studies (E. V. S) as a subject for the students of classes first to third. Thereafter, the students from sixth to twelfth become a part of the Eco club (established in 1998, in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Government of India) The Eco club has been working hard to instill a deep sense of responsibility towards a safe and clean environment. Our initial attempt is to create awareness and sensitize the young impressionable minds regarding the environmental issues. To educate the students on the link between man and the environment, the club undertakes many activities. Some of our endeavors are listed below :
- Tree plantation drive
- Paper recycling
- Compost pit
- (a) Wind chime making (b) Napkin folder making (c) Dream Catcher making
- Using Eco Friendly material
- Poster making
- T-Shirt printing
- Special assembly on environmental sensitization
- Workshops related to environmental issues
- Campaign on swasth and swachh Deepavali
- Biodegradable and nonbiodegradable waste segregation